Over the last couple of weeks, my daughters and I have gone to see three plays. We like the theatre, but if you have never been before it is a great way to experience something a bit different without having to travel. If you have been before, you will be nodding and agreeing so that is good too.
There are so many opportunities to see performances. It often supports local groups, and it is usually a great night out, and often at very affordable prices.
- Cymbeline by William Shakespeare, by Black Martini Theatre at Murdoch University, for $10;
- A Rogers & Hammerstein version of Cinderella at Koorliny Arts Centre for $20; and
- A production of Taming of the Shrew at a local high school for $8.
- Take some small change for a program, and for raffle tickets.
- The bar prices (when applicable) are usually quite cheap.
- Google the synopsis if taking children (just in case it is M-rated. I have been caught out and I know better).
- Small theatres are great. Nothing beats being close to the stage.
- Take a jumper, just in case.